This is just outstanding stuff, and there's so much to parse here -- although we know that within the week, Gingrich will give us more -- but a couple things stick out. I'm just not sure what is most striking about two minutes in the abyss.
- Maybe it's the fact that his hair doesn't move,
- Or that he smiles -- grimaces, really -- at completely inappropriate moments,
- Or that a 1.4 percent decrease in unemployment -- a statistical margin of error -- is supposed to be significant when he wants it to be,
- Or that he can claim ownership of economic bona fides while Speaker of the House, and then turn around an claim that "No One Man" can turn everything around,
- Or that a serial adulterer asserted the need for honest, straightforward talk,
- Or that there were some nasty veiled threats towards the enemies of whatever he's actually proposing.
[Newt.org <-- This is a real thing now.]