Friday, September 4, 2009

ow

Damn.
Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett has suffered a minor injury after being hit by a prop during a live performance of A Streetcar Named Desire in Sydney.

The Elizabeth star was accidentally hit in the head with a radio during a fight scene with her co-star Joel Edgerton.

Audience members said she left the stage with blood pouring down her head. The show was subsequently cancelled.
She's apparently fine.

Dude. I wasn't there -- so what do I know? -- but as performers we've all been there: working with scene partners who get into the moment just a bit too much for safety. (I still have a scar from the Fringe show where my scene partner took some clippers to my ear. Yikes.)

On behalf of all us Cates to the Joels of the stage: take it down a notch, okay? It's not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment